Visual Dhikr™
returning to remembrance



CalligraphyQalam.com


'My name is Elisabeth Kvernen, and I am a graphic designer. I created Calligraphy Qalam for my Masters of Fine Arts thesis project.

My husband and I began studying Arabic in 2004, and I became fascinated with calligraphy. We lived in Damascus, Syria from 2005 to 2006, and during that time I studied calligraphy (the Ruq’a script) with a Syrian artist. Fall of 2006 I enrolled in the University of Baltimore’s Master of Fine Arts in Integrated Design program. The required thesis project gave me the chance to further explore my interest in Arabic script calligraphy, which resulted in this website.

On this website you'll find a variety of interactive tools and information to help you learn more about calligraphy in the Arab, Ottoman and Persian traditions...'

http://calligraphyqalam.com/

- great new site, beautifuly made.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, May 19, 2009 at 6:53 PM. You can skip to the end and leave a response.

« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Teakster said...
I agree, this site is brilliant!    

At 1:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
me too.
Anyway keeping fingernails short is part of the sunnah.
   

At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...
As far as I know, the hands/girl in the picture isn't Muslim, therefore the sunnah may not be upheld by her.    

» Post a Comment